Re: Devstack usage in Install Openstack

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 3:30 AM, Mahzad Zahedi <ict.mywork2011@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But how to add my ESXi servers and so on to it ? what is usage of
> dashboard? is it just a demo??
> Plz help me .if using Devstack is just a demo i should go to install
> real openstack.

DevStack is designed to be a development environment and is also used
in the OpenStack integration tests.  It should never be used for
production.  You may be able to configure it to include your ESXi
servers but will likely have to do some of that configuration by hand.

You should probably consider installing from one of the vendor package
sets if you want to operate your setup for any length of time or have
plans to eventually open it up to other users, even just for testing.
DevStack re-initializes everything from scratch every time you run
stack.sh.

dt

--

Dean Troyer