Re: [Swift] Swift load balancing

Hey Kotwani,

we are using an SW loadbalancer but L3 (keepalived).
DNS round robin are not a load balancer :) if one node is done, some
connections will arrive the down host that's not the right way i think.

HTTP Proxy are an option but you make a bottleneck of your connection to
WAN because all usage will pass your proxy server.

You can use Keepalived as a Layer3 Loadbalancer, so all your incoming
them. You don't have a bottleneck because you are using the WAN
connection of each swift proxy servers and you have automate failover of
keepalived with an other hot standby lb ( keepalived are using out of
the box pacemaker + corosync for lb failover).

Greetings
Heiko