Re: The OpenStack Community Welcomes Developers in All Programming Languages

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On 06/12/2013 07:09 AM, Everett Toews wrote:
> > The OpenStack community has been and needs to continue to be a welcoming
> > community for developers in all programming languages.
>
> Indeed. As more public clouds are appearing powered by OpenStack,
> developers of applications are becoming even more important than before.
> In fact, I think it's about time we start thinking about specific
> programs for developers consuming OpenStack.
>
> > This email is prompted by a minor incident in the #openstack IRC
> > channel.
> [...]
> > Like I said, a minor incident. I don’t want to blow this out of
> > proportion but it does need to be addressed.
>
> How do you suggest to address this issue? My gut feeling is that
> expecting people on #openstack to behave all the time can be too much of
> a challenge. I heard often that the channel is not very useful and
> that's one of the reasons that lead to creating #openstack-101. Maybe we
> can increase the visibility of such channel, put it on top of the list
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/IRC?

#openstack-101 will end up having a similar problem. The usual working
solution is to find enough people who have a good habit of maintaining
positivity and making them moderators, after making sure they share a sense
of what's acceptable and how to respond to events of various severity.

--
IRC: radix
Christopher Armstrong