Re: OpenStack API versions and release content

On Jun 13, 2013, at 3:11 PM, Dolph Mathews wrote:

> So, for example:
>
> - diablo supports Identity API v2.0 and was extensible to support a non-OpenStack Identity API (v1.1)
> - essex supports Identity API v2.0
> - folsom supports Identity API v2.0
> - grizzly supports Identity API v2.0 and Identity API v3.0
> - havana will support Identity API v2.0 and Identity API v3.1
> - icehouse will support Identity API v2.0 and at least Identity API v3.1 (if not v3.2)
> - J*release is not guaranteed to support Identity API v2.0 and will support at least Identity API v3.1 (if not v3.3)

Does anyone think a matrix of OpenStack version to supported API version of each project would be useful to community developers?

Should we include it in the documentation?

The first column would be the OpenStack release, subsequent columns would be the projects, and the cells would be versions.

For example (I hope my formatting works),

Release    | Keystone | Nova | etc
Diablo     | 2.0      | x.x  | x.x
Essex      | 2.0      | x.x  | x.x
Folsom     | 2.0      | x.x  | x.x