Re: Installing openstack on Mac PC

If you just want to "start practicing", then you can run openstack on
Vagrant.  I have only been using it for a few days, but
https://github.com/stackforge/puppet-openstack_dev_env has worked well for
me.

It will run OpenStack on Ubuntu as Trinath recommended (or CentOS if you
choose), but on Virtual Machines launched on your Mac.  It has some
limitations since you're emulating VMs within VMs.  You won't be able to
launch very many VMs, and they may be slow.  Networking might also get
confusing.

However, if you want to just play around with the configuration or APIs a
bit before building out real servers, its a good option.

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:26 AM, ehiwere.matthew@xxxxxxxx <omogbai@xxxxxxxxx