Re: [OpenStack] [Metering] Options to obtain Notifications when ceilometer generates a meter entry in the DB

Doug, Deepak,
	I am also in the process of implementing a blueprint which allows one
to easily add a dispatcher to do whatever you want to do for each meter
received by Ceilometer. Here is the link to blueprint and the
implementation.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack/?searchtext=multi-dispatcher-enablement

	https://review.openstack.org/#/c/34301/

	If this gets merged soon, you will only need to write something like
dispatcher_log.py, in method record_metering_data you may choose to do
whatever you like to do with the meter data.  For your question #1, you can
simple fire up a text message or send out an email if you prefer. Even
though you can do whatever you want to do there, but make sure the method
is extremely light weight and effecient.

Thanks.

Tong Li
Emerging Technologies & Standards
Building 501/B205