Ceilometer getting a "Connection refused" from

I have a controller node and a compute node on two different hosts. When I
query ceilometer from the compute node, I get a "Connection refused" errror
from port no 27017 of controller node, which I suppose is the port no where
mongo listens. I haven't installed mongodb in the compute node, though the
error points to the controller node's mongodb port.

This is the query is posted:

curl -X GET -H 'X-Auth-Token:<token_here>' "
http://127.0.0.1:8777/v2/meters/instance?q.field=metadata.event_type&q.value=compute.instance.delete.start
"

The result I get:

The output <http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/5835477/>

(Since the output was too long, I considered not pasting it here, apologies
for inconvenience).

What is the reason behind this and how should I correct this?

Please feel free to ask for clarification.
--

Thanks and regards,

Jobin Raju George

Third Year, Information Technology