Re: [OpenStack] OpenStack XCP with Quantum

Hi,

I am not a Neutron expert, but what I learned, is that it has a very
flexible architecture.

With XenServer, your compute openvswitch is in dom0, so you need to get
an agent to controll that, to create the ports for you. The issue is,
that your OpenStack VM is not the same as dom0. One option would be to
run the agent somehow in dom0. That would require you to install all the
dependencies of the agent in dom0. I never tried this way, and changing
dom0 is not really what I would do.

The other option is to run the agent in your domU, and ask that agent to
execute commands on dom0 instead of domU. Maru's patch is doing this:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/15022/
This change got merged to trunk.

All in one

In devstack, you could install an all in one installation, this is what
described in the linked wiki page. There is a picture referenced, which
might help you to understand the resulting configuration:
http://goo.gl/BuAdg

So, in that case, you end up with two agents running in domU. One is
controlling the domU openvswitch, the other is controlling the dom0s.

So if you install the agent in dom1, and you have the mentioned patch,
or something equivalent, then you can configure your agent to controll
the dom0 bridge (depends on what rootwrap are you using).

Let me know if further help is needed.

Also, if you could draw a diagram to describe your problem, that would
also help.

Mate