No NIC attached/exists on newly created instances

Hi all,
New issue here. I have two networks that I created through the OS dashboard, Private and public.
These seem to be quantum networks because they are listed when using the cmd quantum net-list

I deploy a new instance on the private network, then associate a floating ip. I login to the console and notice that there is no NIC attached to the instance (no NIC exists).

What could be the cause of this? Do I need to create matching networks for nova as well? or should the quantum networks be enough?
or is there a different issue here?

Follow ups