Re: How to work with Flat DHCP Grizzly

Openstack networking can be very frustrating, the guide you are following
is for quantum so you don't use nova.networking configurations.

1. download the cirros image in the tutorial , you can then login via vnc
without networking and rebuild a static network on that image for testing

Quantum is managing the dhcp so look at the dhcp logs to see if it even
received the request, I believe quantum still uses dnsmasq for managing
dhcp, tcpdump -i the bridge to see if you see where the request is going.

The guide you are using seems quite specialized, I would suggest comparing
with other guides, I use nova networking myself.

regards
calvin