openstore-team team mailing list archive

Application submission request.

Hello all,

I am playing around with ubuntu touch and since I have created some applications for myself I thought to share the source.

The main reason that I want to publish my application with openstore is:
The ubuntu store require that you have an ubuntu one account. This should not be a requirement. So I want to publish my work trough a channel that do not require this.

I have 2 applications that I want to submit:

1. A Resistor Calculator. A simple one page html5 application that will help you calculate the resistance of a resistor with colour-code on it.

https://github.com/BigET/ResistorCalculator

To create the click package just issue in the repository "click build ."
The click itself is there for your convenience.

2. A Notifications Sender. A simple one page qml application that is using the post indicator to send notifications that you can then use them like a task list, but without needing to unlock you phone.

https://github.com/BigET/NotificationPost

To create the click package just issue:
qmake
make
click build output

The idea is simple. Say you get from your wife a comma separated shopping list via an sms, telegram, whatever. You could, while you are shoping, open and unlock you phone to look at the message, but you cannot stroke out items from the message. You could work a little and create a task list from the message, but you always have to unlock your phone (use the pin or the fingerprint, but this can miss so you will enter the pin way to often). With this app you can basically copy that message in the text area, put a title and send it to the notification indicator. It will hold this temporary tasks list. The application will split the message by lines and by commas and create one notification for each item. You can stroke each element from the list of notifications or clear them all, without unlocking your phone.

When I have the time I will try to publish these apps on ubuntu store, but as I mention, I don't like the fact that I HAVE to create an account with ubuntu to install this application.
These applications have almost no security requirements.

Follow ups