openteachermaintainers team mailing list archive

otwd file format

Hello OpenTeacher maintainers and others,

one of the blueprints still open on Launchpad is
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openteacher/+spec/morethan2answers.
While talking on IRC, Marten mentioned it to me, and asked if we should
close it. When I saw it, I wanted to see how it was implemented (in the
otwd file format). I saw that the results are only saved in the specific
tests the result was accomplished, and I thought that isn't the correct
way of doing it. I already discussed this with Marten, who thinks this
ís the right way to do it, because he didn't want to save information
twice (once at the specific test and once at the word itself).
In conclusion:
I think the results of a word must at least be saved at the word itself,
and also at the test (easier code, easier for a human to interpret the
file), but Marten thinks it has to be saved at the tests, and we should
get the 'complete' results coding (looping through all the tests), which
leaves us without saving things twice, but it needs some extra coding to
get the overall results.

What do you think about it?

--
Cas Widdershoven