openteachermaintainers team mailing list archive

EduMagic.iso OpenTeacher segfault

Context for the OT maintainers list:
https://ma.rtendevri.es/irclogs/%23openteacher/2014-11-29

Hi Alex,

I managed to track down the segfault. The following is a workaround:
- su
- mv
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/openteacher/modules/org/openteacher/hiddenBrowser
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/openteacher/modules/org/openteacher/_hiddenBrowser

This disables a feature that was never meant as much more than a simple
easter egg, users are not likely to miss it. There's already a bug
report open that would mitigate the problem a bit on OT's side. [1] The
problem ultimately is in QtWebKit/PyQt4, though, not in OpenTeacher.
This small but valid python script proves that: [2]. I recommend using
that code to open a bug report against QtWebKit.

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openteacher/+bug/1206600
[2]: http://paste.ubuntu.com/9313523/

Thanks again for reporting and I hope this helps,

--
Marten de Vries
marten-de-vries@xxxxxxxxxx