openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #219982]: where is process-csv.py ?

Question #219982 on OpenUpgrade Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openupgrade-server/+question/219982

kalmen is still having a problem:
Hi Holger ,

Thanks for the replies and after much changes in v7.0 in terms of
getting a more enterprise look  , we as a community really need this
upgrade project to stay alive for alternative.

And I do have some questions regarding about how to get the upgrade
server run . so let me what steps is the correct one,

Migration from 5.0 to 6.0

1. download and run openupgrade server v5.0 by pointing to my own v5 addons directory. then install the
    [openupgrade_records] found . ( do not work on the live but to backup and restore one for this migration test)
   as i could not find any version 5 addon modules , so i presume it is pointing to my own v5 addons folders.

2. download and run openupgrade server v6.0 by pointing to openupgrade v6.0 addons directory , then create the
    new target db , install all the necessary modules which found in my v5 database including the [openupgrade_records]

3. compare the database , by issuing the command with  point to the database you want to upgrade,
    which defined at item 1 above
    and add the –update all –stop-after-init flags.

4. read and log file and the manually write the pre and post migration script or use the scripts that you pointed ,
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openupgrade-committers/openupgrade-server/6.1/view/head:/scripts/migrate.py

5. try and continue test until the db is migrated over to v6.0.

Thanks for your ansers.

OpenUpgrade Drivers, which is an answer contact for OpenUpgrade Server.