openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #219982]: where is process-csv.py ?

Question #219982 on OpenUpgrade Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openupgrade-server/+question/219982

Holger Brunn (Therp) proposed the following answer:
Kalmen,

forget about all the stuff concerning comparing databases. This is only
necessary for *developing* migration modules.

Do do a migration, you just have to

* Download the 6.0 branch of openupgrade-server *and* openupgrade-addons (you want to upgrade *to* 6.0)
* Create a config file that points to their addons directories (openupgrade-server contains base, openupgrade-addons the rest)
* run this server with parameter --update=all

If all went well, you can use this database with your regular 6.0
installation now.

The script I mentioned is meant to automate all that, so another way to
do the migration is

* download the script
* run migrate.py --config=[your production config file] --database=[your database name] --run-migrations=6.0
* wait for ages

That's it.

If you want to go to 6.1 immediately, just run
migrate.py --config=[your production config file] --database=[your database name] --run-migrations=6.0,6.1
and wait longer.

The migration for 7.0 is work in progress, I wouldn't advise you to do
that right now.

OpenUpgrade Drivers, which is an answer contact for OpenUpgrade Server.