openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #240508]: On ERROR and database integrity on migration

On 09-12-13 11:51, Yann Papouin wrote:
New question #240508 on OpenUpgrade Server:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openupgrade-server/+question/240508

What happen if an error occurred when running migration script ?
Is there something like a massive transaction that will be triggered only if the migration is complete and successful or do I need to restore my database after every error and fix ?

Hi Yann,

great to see your interest in the project!

As of OpenUpgrade 6.1, there is one transaction per module so you should be able to restart a migration when you are working on a specfic module's migration scripts without restoring your database.

Of course it's needless to say, only perform the migration on a copy of your production database.

Cheers,
Stefan.