openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

[Question #241898]: Migrating with modules that are new on 7.0 but absent on 6.1

New question #241898 on OpenUpgrade Server:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openupgrade-server/+question/241898

Hi, guys!

I have finally started to migrate DBs to 7.0 and I found one problem that I don't know how to fix. There are some modules on the new version (v7) that depend on non existing modules for v6.1 (for example, crm, that depends on base_status), so I can't upgrade this module on the first iteration. But when I try to install it accesing on the web interface of the running OpenUpgrade server, I don't have it on the module list, and I don't have also the possibility to update module list due to any abnormal migration of the user permissions (I had on 6.1 'Technical features' permission). I try to enter to the user to change this permission, but I get an error due to the lack of update of crm module, that modifies res.user view, so I'm in a vicious circle.

Is there any way to force updating the module list from server command line or to force installing the module despite it's not on the module list?

Thank you.

OpenUpgrade Drivers, which is an answer contact for OpenUpgrade Server.