openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Merging of saas-3 and openupgrade

Hi,

I'm not sure what is the best form for you. But this branch contains the merge commit of saas-3 and openupgrade merge. I am not used to bazaar (or launchpad), so if there's a more appropriate way to propose all this, please tell me.

There was a few conflicts to deal with, the major things were dealt automatically. And I'm not sure it did a correct work of it (I catched one or two automatic mistakes BTW).

- views generation now use qweb and some openupgrade modification were on code that has been removed in saas-3. I didn't try to port anything related to this (mainly, there was a validation failure that was avoided by openupgrade) - the pool is now called "registry" in new version of openerp, and this generate a variable name collision in the loading.py functions with openupgrade additions. I renamed the openupgrade "registry" variable "upg_registry", but I went quickly and I don't really grasp what this variable is supposed to do. So a review would be appreciated here.

I had all tests ran (unittests and YAML tests of openerp and base mainly), installed the openupgrade_records module and did a "Generate Records" and a "Comparison" with another base.

Are there any other test I could do ?

I a few subsequent other commits that goes further than just merging (new features ?), should I propose them upon this branch or on trunk directly ?

What are the plan of openupgrade related to the branch saas-3 ?

Regards,
--
Valentin LAB

Follow ups