openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: Merging of saas-3 and openupgrade

On 03/18/2014 07:59 PM, Valentin LAB wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure what is the best form for you. But this branch contains
> the merge commit of saas-3 and openupgrade merge. I am not used to
> bazaar (or launchpad), so if there's a more appropriate way to propose
> all this, please tell me.

Hi Valentin,

thank you for your work. When porting OpenUpgrade to a new release of
OpenERP, we simply take the diff of OpenUpgrade against the
corresponding OpenERP branch and apply the framework parts to the new
release of OpenERP. That still seems the proper way to go, and I will
carry out the first iteration of this within the next couple of weeks.
Your input below about this is valuable though.

Apart from the framework parts, I had expected the migration scripts for
the base module up until SAAS3, but these seem to be just the migration
scripts for 6.1 -> 7.0. It is this part of your work which is the most
valuable to the project. Do you have such migration scripts?

Cheers,
Stefan.

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Stefan Rijnhart - Ontwerp en implementatie

mail: stefan@xxxxxxxx
tel: +31 (0) 614478606
web: http://therp.nl