oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Patches to fix crashes

Hi Andrew

> Having said that, I still found more crashes further down if you do
> something silly like creating the table with origid=''

len >= 1

> So there are quite a few edge test cases, I will need to make a table
> of them all

FEDERATED/FEDERATEDX also uses attributes that connect to remote tables.
It tends to be fairly crude but you could have a peek at the code.

> One thing I have realised, is that these conditions are only detected
> when
> attempting to insert, it would be useful to validate the attributes
> when the
> table is created, except you probably need to be able to support
> having the
> source data table be dropped and recreated so they probably need to be
> warnings rather than fails

Source table should exist when you create the OQGRAPH table.
This is the same logic as when creating a VIEW.

Then, we can do a sanity check whenever the table open function is called, and return an error (no assert).

Select shouldn't have to check the same underlying stuff because table open will have come before.

Insert/Update/Delete are of course refused anyway.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Australian peace of mind for your MySQL/MariaDB infrastructure.

Follow us at http://openquery.com/blog/ & http://twitter.com/openquery