oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Expected result of a 'no_search' operation?

Hi Arjen,

The current behaviour always returns an empty set if the latch is NULL -
should this be changed then?

No latch specified seems to work correctly as you specify: - or should it not
have the latch, seq, linkid columns?
SELECT * FROM graph;
latch	origid	destid	weight	seq	linkid
NULL	1	2	1	NULL	NULL
NULL	2	1	1	NULL	NULL
NULL	1	3	1	NULL	NULL
NULL	3	1	1	NULL	NULL
NULL	3	4	1	NULL	NULL
NULL	4	3	1	NULL	NULL
NULL	5	6	1	NULL	NULL
NULL	6	5	1	NULL	NULL

Same for no latch with a filter:

SELECT * FROM graph WHERE destid=2 and origid=1;

On 29/05/13 08:08, Arjen Lentz wrote:
> Hi Andrew
>
>> what should a no_search latch return?
>
> For latch=0/no_search, the table should look as inserted (i.e. like a regular table).
>
> I was just wondering if you'd also set "no_search" as the default, but I reckon it might be better to use an empty string or NULL rather than no_search. Can you change that without causing hassles elsewhere?

<snipped>