oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

Re: steps before v3 merge into MariaDB

Hi Arjen

I just failed to build on Winxp/32bit/MSVCexpress8 looks like some unixy
assumptions.  Takes a lot longer in virtualbox than building the native Linux
64... Havent setup Win7/64 yet

Apart from the bugs listed below, we need to go through the bugs added by
people other than me.
I assume I need to get it working on Win7/64/MSVCexpress10 and
Winxp/32/MSVCexpress8(or10) at a minimum

Bugs I have been working on or I added:

#459714 Proper test suite for OQGRAPH
^^^ I have significantly extended the test suite.  I almost think it is at the
point where we just add regression tests for specific bugs, YMMV?

#1196036 V3 Djikstras algorithm Find reachable vertices (origid=X) returns
weight=0 instead of weight=count of hops
^^^ I am unsure about the importance of this one - am I understanding the
meaning of weights in this context correctly?

#1195735 V3 mysqld hangs on select from OQGRAPH engine table after deleting
records from underlying table provided at least one select made and on record
exists before the delete
^^^ I dont think this is a show stopper, can we put in the release notes?

#1195778 V3 What should be returned when using no_search with 'and origid=x
and destid=y'
^^^ the last comment to this is the nub, i.e. this bug is a requirements
clarification

#1134355 V3 Attempting to rename the ORIGID attribute on a OQGRAPH engine
table to 'parent' will cause mysqld to segfault
^^^ I dont think this is a show stopped, can we put in the release notes?

there are a heap more in launchpad on https://bugs.launchpad.net/oqgraph, some
seem quite old and/or not relevant to v3 so maybe some triaging and
classification is needed

You can probably close  #645830 Insifficient test coverage for oqgraph  as a
duplicate of #459714, I havent yet looked at the others in detail

Have you actually checked out my branch and tried the tests for yourself?  It
would probably be good to get some peer review...

https://code.launchpad.net/~andymc73/oqgraph/10.0-oqgraph3-varchar

--Andrew