oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Adding new algorithm to oqgraph

Hallo Heinz

On 25/01/16 18:42, Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
> Ah, but I don't want *all* the nodes, just the ones that are only a destid,
> but not an origid, aka the leafs :)
>
> Example:
>
> A->B->C->D
>  \--------------/
>
> very simple graph with 4 edges:
> A -> B
> B -> C
> C -> D
> A -> D
>
> I want a query that given origid A, *only* returns D.

Ah, thanks for that illustration. Indeed, that'd be new.

Well, my suggestion would be to take a peek at the code and see if you
can make sense of it.
I personally find C++ frustrating when it gets into the land of
templates - Andrew of course is very good at that, and so is Antony.

Anyhow, the Boost Graph Library is C++/template based, and thus we have
to deal with it for now.... on the good side, the BGL has heaps of
interesting algorithms, so if someone is willing to put the few lines of
template code in that's required to add a new algorithm, we can make
lots of headway pretty fast!

Andrew will also be able to provide you with some guidance here. Just ask.

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com.au)
Australian peace of mind for your MySQL/MariaDB infrastructure.

Follow us http://openquery.com.au/blog/ & http://twitter.com/openquery