ourdelta-developers team mailing list archive

Re: OurDelta @ dotorg pavilion @ MySQLConf 2009

Hi Walter

On 20/04/2009, at 10:59 AM, Walter Heck - OpenQuery.com wrote:
I had kind of not expected this to happen anymore. Here's my take on it:
I just arrived in Santa Clara. I am staying a  45 minute busride away
from the convention center. I should be there tomorrow morning just
after 7 am.
I'd be willing to take on organisation this late, but I see various problems:
1) I think we don't have enough people to man the table. Nicklas said
in a previous conversation that he would have a few hours to man the
stand, and I think that sharing the stand between the two of us and an
eye from Baron might be a bit too tight.
2) Unless anyone else does, we have nothing to show at the booth. No
banners, flyers, computer setup, etc.

I hate to say it, but I think we would be better off not having an
OurDelta stand this year and putting on a proper one next year.

Concur.
There would be more people but not for significant amounts of time; they're all busy with other stuff.

Lenz, please leave it. No worries, and thanks for the effort.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Affordable Training and ProActive Support for MySQL & related technologies

My blog is at http://arjen-lentz.livejournal.com
OurDelta: free enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org