ourdelta-developers team mailing list archive

Re: MariaDB scripts

Hi Kristian

On 24/04/2009, at 5:53 PM, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
I have been discussing with Arjen about using MariaDB as the base for OurDelta
5.1 binaries.

The idea would be to build directly from the MariaDB bzr tree on Launchpad, rather than from upstream source tarballs from MySQL/Sun as is done for 5.0.

For this purpose, I made a small script `tarbake51.sh` to be used instead of tarbake.sh. This script will check out a revision from the lp:maria/ 5.1 tree, and build a source tarball to be used in the remaining steps (autobake-*).

I pushed the resulting branch to Launchpad:

   lp:~ourdelta-core/ourdelta/ourdelta-mariadb51

I hope it will be useful, feel free to extend as desired.

A source tarball can be made with commands like this:

 ~/ourdelta/bakery/preheat.sh
 bakery-54/bakery/tarbake51.sh last:1

The tarbake51.sh takes a bzr revision specification. This is to encourage keeping carefully track of which revision is used for which release. Idea is to set a release tag before building and specify this tag as the revision to release, or alternatively to specify a revid: revision and tag that later
after a successful release. For quick testing, last:1 uses the latest
revision.

An optional second argument can be used to specify a local bzr branch to use (but the script tries to make sure it uses a shared bzr repository so it does
not need to pull everything down from launchpad in each run).

Please let me know how I can help further improve this and push the project
on.

I looked at the autobake-deb.sh, this is currently hardcoded to 5.0, but I see a 5.1 debian/ directory, so I am not sure what needs to be done here or what current plans are. I am no expert on building .deb, and know even less of
.rpm.

Since the 5.1 build methodology is a bit different, we'll probably need separate scripts.
So in that case, please create whatever51.sh equivalents.
If you reckon it can be combined, that's fine too!

Peter and I will probably take care of the Debian/Ubuntu and RPM stuff, respectively.

I thought I might look at autobake-bintar.sh next, as I remember it is not fully functional yet, I will try to see if I can make it do stuff similar to
the quick MariaDB release I put together at the start of the week.

Sounds good!

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Affordable Training and ProActive Support for MySQL & related technologies

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: free enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org