ourdelta-developers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #69430]: Per session statistics

Question #69430 on OurDelta changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ourdelta/+question/69430

Arjen Lentz proposed the following answer:
Hi Neil

On 01/05/2009, at 7:14 AM, Neil Katin wrote:
> Mysql has a "show profiles" command that show a bunch of (somewhat
> inaccurate, as Mark Callaghan pointed out, referring to this post: http://blogs.mysql.com/peterg/2008/11/06/show-profile-information_schemaprofiling/)
>  information.
>
> The ourdelta patches adds some additional statistics, aggregated by
> user, tables (and soon to go away: by client).

As far as I'm concerned, the per-client/host stuff won't go away.
It might not be useful for Google, but it's useful for the rest of the
world.

Some fixing will be needed, there appears to be a memory leak
somewhere which we need to track down. But there's now a runtme toggle
to switch off the stats and it's turned off by default - also to
reduce the little bit of time overhead that is created by the
additional code, when people don't need it.

> But it appears there is no way to access these new statistics for
> the current session.  Am I correct in this?
> Assuming I'm right, would the ourdelta team be open to a patch that
> added a new INFORMATION_SCHEMA table with current-session statistics?

What info specifically are you trying to find out about within the
current connection?

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Affordable Training and ProActive Support for MySQL & related

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: free enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org

OurDelta-developers, which is an answer contact for OurDelta.