ourdelta-developers team mailing list archive

[Question #71691]: Removal of innodb freeze patch rational?

New question #71691 on OurDelta:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ourdelta/+question/71691

I was wondering what the rationale for removing the innodb freeze patch in ourdelta-5.0.77-d8?
Was it that the percona hot backup tool was a better solution?

I'm asking because we were using freezing to make consistent binary backups using LVM snapshot and multiple LVM database partitions (our backups were not consistent without freezing first).  So we had a use case that required freezing.

We had briefly tried a very early version of xtrabackup; it didn't work for us at the time.

Anyway, this is one sites vote that the innodb freeze feature was useful.

Thanks.

    Neil

OurDelta-developers, which is an answer contact for OurDelta.