oxide team mailing list archive

Oxide work item tracking

Hi!

I know as a project that Oxide uses bugs to track feature work as well as normal
bugs, however tracking as bugs alone doesn't create a great view into the
progress of Oxide during the course of the development cycle. Therefore, after
talking with Chris, I took a first pass at the 14.10 oxide blueprint:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/client-1410-oxide

This has the list of high/critical feature bugs[1] and a few things from the
previous bp that aren't completed yet[2]. I took a stab at the timing of
priorities but know they need to be fine-tuned. Please feel free to adjust the
work items as appropriate; perhaps some things should be broken out into
separate bps-- that's fine too. I just wanted to get something started.

Obviously, Chris is going to continue giving considerable focus to Oxide, but
for me, Oxide is now at a point where it has met the security team's goals and
therefore I suggest another team take over coordinating the feature planning and
priorities for Oxide going forward, though I'd like to continue participating in
this planning (if for no other reason than to make sure Chris isn't overtasked :).

In that spirit, I have made Pat McGowan the approver of the bp for now to make
sure that priorities and timing are correctly set for our deliverables this
cycle (he is over both the core apps and webapps teams after all :), but we can
change that to whoever. I think we should add blueprint planning to the Oxide
upstream development discussions that have been ongoing....

Awesome job to everyone!

[1]http://tinyurl.com/qazxtey
[2]https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/client-1308-oxide