oxide team mailing list archive

Changing the default maxCacheSizeHint for webapps?

Hi,

With https://code.launchpad.net/~osomon/oxide/maxCacheSize/+merge/252113
I’ve added a way for embedders to specify a maximum cache size on a
WebContext (note that this is a soft limit, not strictly enforced,
hence the name of the new property, 'maxCacheSizeHint').

In the current trunk, the max cache size is hardcoded to 80MB. In the
MR mentioned above, I changed it to default to 0, meaning that
chromium will set it dynamically depending on available disk space
(IIUC).

It might be a good idea to set a hardcoded default value for webapps
(run with the ubuntu webapp-container), while we let the dynamic
default for the browser. I know that Chris and Alex already discussed
this in the past, but I don’t know what conclusions were drawn. Can
you enlighten me?

Cheers,

 Olivier

Follow ups