oxide team mailing list archive

Oxide call notes - 7 July 2015

*1. Releases*
1.8.2 - passes all tests
1.8.x update still doable this week for OTA-5

*2. Features*
- Flash branch being reviewed
- Accelerometer is ready for review
- Alex pitches his flaky-test branch and webdriver branches

*3. Bugs*

None discussed this week

*4. Misc - Media Hub Integration special meeting*
- keep-display-on policy group landed; still needs individual webapps to be
fixed, to add that pg to their json file
- suggestion to split work between chris on oxide, and justin on media-hub
- review of the design recommendation for having a FS player with custom
controls
- overriding the default player controls on a domain basis would we be
difficult to implement with frames, ie like embedded youtube videos
- MH Proxy would implement the player APIs (state of the player); the main
point being to inhibit screen blanking, and let MH pause other streams;
- MH Library : need a new source element in GS that connects to an Oxide
structure; the decoding would need to happen in what will be the GPU
process; the rendering goes in the GPU process as well, but the details of
how to get the result back to the browser process still needs to be figured
out (maybe with the help of a Mir API).

Chris also warns about the Firefox signing process taking up to 3 weeks.

Thanks for a good weekly call, in particular to our 2 special guests.

David

Follow ups