oxide team mailing list archive

Oxide call notes - 11 October 2016

1. Releases

   - 1.17.9 tested and released; to be bundled in the upcoming OTA really
   soon now
   - Warning: 1.18.x is around the corner (~2 weeks)

2. Bugs & features

   - Scrollbar switching is working, but the rendering still differs
   despite that; still looking into ways to adjust the rendering
   - Pointer lock branch discussion
   - Video acceleration : discussion of V4L2 support (devices, drivers) on
   ARM platforms; general consensus is that it should be easier to support
   than the new hybris-based drivers

3. Misc

   - Adding an Oxide session to present our recommendations & get feedback
      - reqs for snapcraft, ensuring we share the oxide lib by default
      - reqs for getting update priority if bundled inside the personal
      snap; or make oxide its own snap to be able to release quickly
for security
      reasons
      - also gather feedback (security mostly) about switching to using a
      shared process instance for both browser and webapps; how is the snap
      containment technology sufficient compared to what webapp-container does?

See you in The Hague!