p2psp team mailing list archive

Fwd: About the experiment today at 5:00

cristobalmedinalopez@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi all,

> I could not try it yesterday, but I've just try it and it works fine!
> Only comment that I run peer.py and vlc in a separately terminal. It
> didn't work for me run play.sh :'(

The play.sh script is quite silly. It generates a random integer between
2000 and  65000 and this number is used as the "player_port". So, is the
port is for example used for other process, the play.sh script fails.

¿Did you try to run the script several times?

Another possible problem is that the script supposes that you have the port
4552 open. This very basic version of the protocol does not create an UDP
translation entry in the NAT and the peers can not receive data form the
splitter after receiving the list of peers. The Splitter_EMS and Peer_EMS
classes (both implemented) should solve the problem.

I'm still thinking the best way to "configure" the number of sets of rules
that the users want to use. Probably a simple flag in the command line call
could be enough. Example:

splitter.py             <----- A splitter that only uses the DBS (the most
basic set of rules)
splitter.py --ems  <----- A splitter that uses the DBS and the EMS.