p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: P2PSP Experiments

Hi,
Unfortunately the Firefox current version doesn't support Media Source
Extensions (MSE) yet, but it is available in the version of Firefox for
developer (the experiment has not been tested). In Chrome 33+ it works
fine.
The status of the implementation of MSE in browsers is:

- Chrome: Supported with the WebM (VP8/Vorbis) video format.
- Firefox: Supported in Firefox for developer.
- IE: Supported with the MPEG-DASH video format.
- Opera: Not supported.
- Safari: Not supported.

Media Source Extensions specification has not stabilized, it's only a W3C
candidate recommendation, it's not a standar yet. For now, I recommend you
only try it in Chrome.

I think this will soon become standard and will be supported by all browser
(I hope).

Regards!