p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: Application for Gsoc 2015

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I read the entire protocol section of the
website and I think I have a decent understanding of the protocol and the
various rules. I also went through your repository to see how much have
been implemented.

First, I want to clear a few doubts in general.

I was going through the GSoc Project Idea list and implementation of ACS &
LRS rules has been listed as separate projects. Since they are
modifications/by products  of Splitter_DBS class and Peer_DBS class
according to ACS and LRS rules, can't they be clubbed into a single project
?.

I am currently going through the code base and I think I can start
implementing a prototype of either one of these rules after my exams
(ending on 18.03.2015). My priority is still implementing Project
6(Implementation of the Data Broadcasting Set of Rules (DBS) of P2PSP as a
HTML5+WebRTC application.) and working on this prototype will get me well
acquainted with the work environment and simultaneously assure you my
commitment . Can you please share your thoughts on this ?.

I looked at the code snippet you sent me, and I am currently trying to
co-relate/understand the code.
I also looked at (https://code.launchpad.net/~p2psp/p2psp/webrtc).

Is there any reason why the code is hosted on Bazaar and Launchpad ?. Why
not Git and Github ?. Is there any particular advantage of using the
current setup over Git ?.

Looking forward to your earliest response.

Thank You