p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: Travis setup in P2PSP Project on github.

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 9:00 PM Prince Kumar <prince.mst13@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Vicente,

Hello!

> I think we can write a test to measure the number of lost chunks in the
> whole team.

Good and useful idea.

> This can be performed automatically by Travis. Travis's virtual
> environment is based on Ubuntu 12.04. Therefore we can install necessary
> dependencies and packages.

Let's see that Travis can do :-)

> We can use scripts in 'tools' folder from P2PSP Project .

Feel free to create the script you need in the place you want. However, I
also think that your masurement tool could be in that directory.

> Here either we can go through using vlc or creating our own "fake player".

VLC is fine.

> So how to calculate lost chunks in whole team? I think we can calculate it
> for each peer  by using  variable '*splitter.losses[p]*' in
> *splitter_dbs.py*. I have also attached screenshot of corresponding code
> snippet from* splitter,py*. Please help me if I am misguided anywhere.

A splitter knows which chunks as been "massively" lost, supposing that a
massively lost chunk has been lost by the most part of the team. These
chunks are reported by the montor(s) peer(s), which are the only ones that
can complain to the splitter. Therefore, the splitter.losses[] variable
will only provide information about the chunks that have not been received
by a monitor peer.

If you want to count the total number os lost chunks, you must check this
issue in the peers. There is not code that can tell you the number of lost
chunks in a peer. However, it is very esay to know is a chunk has been lost:

If you need to send a chunk to the player and the chunk has not been
arrived, the chunk has been lost.

Look at the method; find_next_chunk() at peer_ims.py.

All the best,
Vi.