p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: CIS of rules (GSoC)

Hi Ilshat,

El sáb., 23 may. 2015 a las 19:14, Ilshat Shakirov (<im.shakirov@xxxxxxxxx>)
escribió:

> Hello!,
>
> Sorry for the delay in the response and many thanks for accepting my
> project =)

No problem, in fact, the GSoC starts officially the next monday :-)

> Currently, I am experimenting with malicious peer (here is my variant of
> malicious peer:
> https://github.com/P2PSP/p2psp/compare/master...ishakirov:malicious_peer).
> Is it right way to implement malicious peer? I have changed the peer.py
> and peer_dbs.py files (added new constant, and added condition for the
> sending chunks to other peers). Also, I see the lossy socket
> implementation, may be I must do smth like this?

The idea is to use import from other class and overwrite the method if
necessary. You can see an example in the lossy_peer.py file. In fact, each
set of rules use an import class from another one. You can take a look in
the current sets of rules implemented in order to understand it.

> Also, I am experiencing some problems with public splitter (150.214.150.68).
> There is lost chunks and 4 banned peers. May be it is consequence of my
> experiments,

There is a monitor peer in the same host that the splitter. So the splitter
should expel to the "banned peers" due to the claims of the monitor peer.

> but I dont know exactly, so I need some help.

You can experiment running a team in localhost.

> Thanks in advance!

Regards!