packaging-training-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: On-Call Review

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Daniel
Holbach<daniel.holbach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm very very busy, so I'd like to only be one half of the
> August/September organisation team. Who else? Who hasn't been organising
> yet? :-)

This is also a busy period for me. However, I would be willing to help
out with the sessions if nobody else is able to. I also have a few
ideas for possible sessions that we could look into:

1) A session about triaging workflow bugs

This session would be more targeted at members of the Bug Squad / Bug
Control than the actual packagers. There is a lot of confusion among
some members of these triaging teams about how to deal with various
workflow bugs (i.e. needs-packaging, sync requests, merge requests,
etc). We do have several wiki pages about this topic, but it seems
that they are not clear enough. A session about this topic would be
relatively simple to do, and most developers would be capable of
leading it.

2) A session about Archive Administrators

Archive Administrators perform many important tasks. Most of these are
performed behind the scenes, and many people are unaware that they
ever happen. I think a session explaining the various tasks an Archive
Administrator performs would be nice to have. The one challenging part
would be finding an Archive Administrator (or a few Archive
Administrators) willing to lead the session.

3) A session about Ubuntu Security

Good security is crucial in ensuring that Ubuntu remains safe and
secure. Very few people get involved with the security teams that we
have. A session explaining the various tasks the teams performs might
help attract a few new people.

These are just a few ideas I had. More ideas are on the
Packaging/Training wiki page.

Nathan