packaging-training-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: Planning

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> we've gone a bit on the slacking side of things. Sure it was holiday
> time for some of us and a lot of folks were busy during the Freeze
> times.
>
> Can we try to re-energise this effort again? I got so many good comments
> from people attending the sessions that it'd be a shame to stop them
> again.
>
> I think what we need is:
>
>      * do a few sessions on our own
>      * be more aggressive at persuading people to give sessions:
>        whenever somebody explains something on IRC be quick to ask them
>        to give a session (even if it's just 15 minutes + questions)
>      * reach out a bit (upstream? Debian?) for more sessions
>      * Any other thoughts?
>
> Please let's all think about how we can get this back on track again.

First of all, my schedule has seen a change recently. Unfortunately,
I'm not free at all on Thursdays anymore. So I won't be able to
actually attend the sessions anymore. Despite that I want to help
getting them back on track.

Perhaps it's time to make a wider call again? When was the last time
we made a general announcement to the MOTU list asking for ideas and
presenters? See if we can't find some new blood....

- Andrew