packaging-training-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: Planning

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> we've gone a bit on the slacking side of things. Sure it was holiday
> time for some of us and a lot of folks were busy during the Freeze
> times.

I think part of the reason that we have been a bit on the slacking
side lately is due to the fact that we never really had someone
volunteer to coordinate for September if I recall correctly. I think
having an assigned coordinator is very helpful.

Would anyone be willing/able to coordinate October?

> Can we try to re-energise this effort again? I got so many good comments
> from people attending the sessions that it'd be a shame to stop them
> again.

I agree that we should definitely keep this program running.

>      * do a few sessions on our own
>      * be more aggressive at persuading people to give sessions:
>        whenever somebody explains something on IRC be quick to ask them
>        to give a session (even if it's just 15 minutes + questions)
>      * reach out a bit (upstream? Debian?) for more sessions
>      * Any other thoughts?

I don't even think all of those things are fully necessary. We have a
long list of suggestions on the wiki page. I think we should simply
pick a topic from the list, and then ask someone who has a decent
understanding of the topic to give a session. If they don't want to
lead a session on that topic, we can ask them if there is another
topic they would be willing to give a session on. I think that most
developers are more than willing to lead a session every now and then,
we just need to take the initiative and ask them.

As for reaching out to upstream/Debian, I think that is also a good
idea. We just need to remember that these are *Ubuntu* Packaging
Training Sessions, so the sessions should still be applicable to
Ubuntu.