packaging-training-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: Future

Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm a bit unhappy of the state of things in the Packaging Training. The
> initiative was up and running very well. I believe it had a lot to give
> to the community and attracted a bunch of people to Ubuntu development.
>
> We either need to take real responsibility again (I liked the idea of 2
> people organising one month together) or kill the initiative properly
> and not raise expectations.
>
> Please let me know about your thoughts.
>
> If we're still serious, let's get this thing up and running again.
>
> Food for thought:
> ##26-02-2010/or/18-02-2010 Jelmer Vernooy  content "packaging" lesson
> still open.
> ##00-03-2010 Andrew Pollock content "packaging" lesson still open.
> ##18-02-2010/or/18-03-2010 Dmitrijs Ledkovs The plan is:..........
> ##poked Dmitrijs again about the content of the lessons.( 31 jan.2010
> emailcontact)
> ##positive email Vikham Dhillon, content open.(31 jan.2010 emailcontact)
> ##persia contacted earlier and he contacted daniel (?) about his
> lessons/sessions)
>
> ##* Quick intro to dh with comparison to CDBS
> ##* Overrides & Addons
> ##* Nice demo / explanation using --no-act (to show what's happening)
> ##* Some complex example and explanation what's happening
> ##* Compatibility issues across Ubuntu/Debian/versions of debhelper and
> ##packages providing addons
>
> Have a great day,
>  Daniel

Yes, I am still serious and willing to recruit members to volunteeer
in the packaging training
project. I did contact many members from the Ubuntu community, several
members would be glad to participate. (Not easy to find though!)
In an earlier fase:
- - Rainct
- - Jelmer (Vernooy)
- - Andrew Pollock (for March)
- - Dmitrijs, for several lessons (for Februari)
- - Vikham Dhillon
- - Persia with a commitment for several lessons in March and April
Members who are willing to participate are reported to the
packaging-training-coordinator team.
Why? I am not not very familiar/comfortable with the content-part of
packaging. That is the only reason to let this open to other members
of the coordinators.
I would be glad to continue my work behind the screens, recruiting
members, but to count me
as a "full" member of the packaging-training-coordinators comes
perhaps a bit too early for me.

Best regards
leoquant