packaging-training-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: Membership approval for the developer mentoring reception team

Hello,

Il giorno lun, 07/06/2010 alle 12.32 +0200, Daniel Holbach ha scritto:
> Can you explain a bit more what this is about? I'm not quite sure I
> understand. What do you think should be changed generally?

A good idea would be to do a session for day (when there aren't other
scheduled sessions), the session would be done by the mentor with the
contributor who's learning, it'd be drived by the responsible mentor
where everyone can ask and contribute to the session. This would
motivate the contributor to the packaging over the normal help given in
the #ubuntu-motu channel normally. There's an example:

> Foo is a new contributor, he has been assigned to Bar, which is
> very good in the packaging and the ubuntu development. Bar is doing a
> great work for the contributor guidance but over the normal work for
> put the contributor on the right way and understand better, he would
> like to do a packaging session one time for week respecting the other
> scheduled sessions. Foo, participating to that is becoming very
> motivated for the ubuntu development. After other few sessions he has
> became very good with the packaging.

This isn't just a benefit for the contributor, but also for the audience
who's following the session.

Kind regards,

Lorenzo De Liso