packaging-training-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: More sessions!

Hello Efrain,

sorry for the delay in the reply.

Am 05.04.2011 22:52, schrieb Efrain Valles:
> I like that idea. One of the things that I really liked was the bring
> your package problem and we can discuss it in a session. one challenge
> I find is schedules are usually at noon my time and that makes it
> difficult to join. Maybe rotating schedules liek we used to back in
> 2007 so all can join.

Yes, what we tried to do in the Packaging Training sessions was to
rotate between 0, 6, 12, 18 UTC.

> Some other ideas
>
> * What is relevant in Ubuntu development today? is it only ubuntu or
> can derivatives help out "kubuntu", "xubuntu", "edubuntu"?

Of course this is all relevant. There never was a doubt about that.

It's just that there is only very small details that differ in the
Kubuntu world. Luckily most of what we do is "the same".

> * dent/ tweeting a dosage of the development work. so people can get a
> gist of how its done... stuff like, "stuck with a python package
> update. consider this docs..."

Great idea. We should definitely do that with all the new Packaging
Guide articles that come in. I need to blog about that project again.

> * blogging little bits of work. it is difficult to find the time to do
> it, but documenting failures and successes can help get things better
> at times.

I agree. It's something that we can try to encourage everybody else to
do as well.

> * Can we consider using byobu for demostrtions in live sessión.

It's "live" yes, but the problem with that it's not great for people who
want to review the logs later on. :/

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--