MASTER Copy-Paste doesn't work if the source is closed before the paste

Looking at the GTK+ log, I've run into this mess, that was added to the
papercuts project several times, and the removed due to its complexity and
scope far beyond the Ubuntu project:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtk/+bug/11334

I found this bug fascinating, and I want to share it to the rest of the
Ninjas. There are so many things wrong on the analysis, presentation,
discussion, and implementation of the fix of the bug that even developers
get confused about the real issue.

I've extracted this comment that I think summarizes the problem:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtk/+bug/11334/comments/233

There is also a very interesting chat log from the ubuntu IRC:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtk/+bug/11334/comments/220

>From this log I extracted a nice quote by Collin Watson, that I want to
have it framed on the Papercuts-Ninja lair: "[...] bugs need to be kept
small and focused. Grab-bag bugs are fundamentally doomed."

--
druellan
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/druellan