Launchpad project for requesting upstream design input

Hi Desktopers,

Hope you're all having a good new year.

I've been thinking again on the subject of how to request design input on
paper cuts and I'm pretty sure we need to add a separate task to the bug
report as this better reflects the work that is going on. While this is
fine for Canonical's apps (such as Unity and friends) a different approach
will be required for upstream projects.

I was thinking that maybe another Launchpad project could be created which
would function along the same lines as the ayatana-desgin task currently
does for Unity and friends, where the task is assigned to a designer who
marks it as fix committed when a design has been approved. The assignee of
the upstream-design task (working name) would be responsible for liaising
with the upstream developer to confirm a design fix, marking the task as
fix committed when they have done so.

I was wondering if this kind of thing would see much use outside of the
paper cuts project, or is this problem unique to our work, and if anyone
has any better ideas for tracking the progress of upstream design requests.

Thanks,
Chris

Follow ups