Re: Common situations where a bug isn't real

> On Jun 18, 2014, at 7:17, Alberto Salvia Novella <es20490446e@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 18/06/14 09:25, Robert Park wrote:
>> Maybe if this wiki was *only* for phone users then we could have Emojis,
>> but the vast majority of Ubuntu users are on the desktop & server, so
>> Emoji aren't a good fit.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand that. Do you mean there's some further reasons than emojis not being displayed properly?
>
> And, for clarifying: why shall I expect other Ubuntu users not to see emojis properly in their systems when I can seen them in mine?
>
> Regards.

Perhaps you're missing the point of emoji.  In phones they use some symbols in the ASCII/UTF-8 as the underlying symbols.  And while the emoji render correctly on phones a LOT of systems, 12.04 stock and 14.04 stock included (and I have tested this) don't display the graphics and only display the symbols.  Lubuntu does no rendering of them as images at all.

That prevents the emoji from "working".  I agree the use of graphics is sound, but not Emoji.  Actual small sized pictures, understandable, but Emoji make no sense since not everything renders them as pictures.