percona-discussion team mailing list archive

new performance results

I published details of the v4 google patch and performance comparisons
between it and xtradb for MySQL 5.1.34 here:
http://code.google.com/p/google-mysql-tools/wiki/InnodbIoPerformance

Some of the results are odd. For example, xtradb with
innodb_max_dirty_pages_pct=20 was faster on some tests than xtradb
with it set to 80. Perhaps other my.cnf variables have bad settings?

My work is so much easier now that I have something good with which to
compare it. I am still trying to explain all of the results. That task
would be easier if xtradb displayed more Innodb variables in SHOW
STATUS output (hint, hint).

--
Mark Callaghan
mdcallag@xxxxxxxxx