percona-discussion team mailing list archive

Re: [Blueprint innodb-live-checksum] Live checksums for InnoDB tables

Vadim,

The checksum is stored in the .ibd file header and only works if
innodb_file_per_table is used.  A couple of questions:

1) does this require a modification to the on-disk file format?
2) can we make this appear in the INFORMATION_SCHEMA so it can be SELECT-ed?
3) can it be stored elsewhere so it doesn't require
innodb_file_per_table?  Maybe a new data dictionary table?

The main benefit of this functionality from my point of view would be
to enable something like
http://code.google.com/p/maatkit/issues/detail?id=91 so we could make
mk-table-checksum verify replication integrity without any locking.

Baron

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 1:19 AM, Vadim Tkachenko <vadim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Live checksums for InnoDB tables
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/percona-server/+spec/innodb-live-checksum