phatch-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Badge action list added to library

Hi Stani,

I've played with your new shapes and action lists. It's really cool
> and a lot of fun. Web designers will discover and love Phatch ;-)

Glad you liked them.

> An important remarks about action list for libraries: by default they
> should *always* use percentages in the pixel fields, as this will
> guarantee the best flexibility. I've tinkered your action list a
> little bit:
> - In the beginning I've inserted a Fit action, to ensure the image is
> square. Note the expression value: min(<width>,<height>)
> - At the end I've added a shadow action. I like the effect and a user
> can with a double click disable it.
>
> I discovered one error in the contour plugin, which you might not have
> known. Whenever a pixel field is used, it needs to pass its absolute
> value in the values method inside the pixel_fields dictionary:
>        return super(Action,self).values(info,pixel_fields={
>            'Size'      : dim,
>            'Offset'    : dim,
>        })
> So 'Offset' was missing here.

Oh, I learned something new now :)
Thanks for fixing this!

> PS Nadia, I know the action list you sent was probably not meant as a
> final one. But for me a real world example is a good test case. When
> you have more ready we can add them.

You guessed right. The action list was only for quick testing. It was the
one I used to make sure the masks look good. I was intending to extend it
for the end user but you beat me to it ;)

Thanks!

Nadia