phatch-dev team mailing list archive

Badge action list added to library

Hi Nadia,

I've played with your new shapes and action lists. It's really cool
and a lot of fun. Web designers will discover and love Phatch ;-)

An important remarks about action list for libraries: by default they
should *always* use percentages in the pixel fields, as this will
guarantee the best flexibility. I've tinkered your action list a
little bit:
- In the beginning I've inserted a Fit action, to ensure the image is
square. Note the expression value: min(<width>,<height>)
- At the end I've added a shadow action. I like the effect and a user
can with a double click disable it.

I discovered one error in the contour plugin, which you might not have
known. Whenever a pixel field is used, it needs to pass its absolute
value in the values method inside the pixel_fields dictionary:
        return super(Action,self).values(info,pixel_fields={
            'Size'      : dim,
            'Offset'    : dim,
        })
So 'Offset' was missing here.

Best regards,

Stani

PS Nadia, I know the action list you sent was probably not meant as a
final one. But for me a real world example is a good test case. When
you have more ready we can add them.

--
Phatch Photo Batch Processor - http://photobatch.stani.be
SPE Python IDE - http://pythonide.stani.be