phatch-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Fonts can now be shipped with Phatch

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Nadia Alramli<nadiana@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> If it is desired for a certain action list, it is possible to include
>> a font with Phatch if its license is compatible with the GPL of
>> course. For example for the polaroid, I wanted a font which felt more
>> closer to handwriting. As we can't guarantee that this font is
>> available everywhere where Phatch is installed, it is better to ship
>> it. You can see it in action with the new polaroid effect. I did this
>> because the action lists in the libraries should be fine tuned as far
>> as possible. So if you have suggestions how to improve the action
>> lists please let me know
>
> I like the font you are using in the polaroid actionlist. It makes a huge
> difference.
That is what I thought too ;-)

>> Another idea is that every shipped action list in the library
>> corresponds with a Phatch tutorial where all the steps are explained
>> in detail. This is already done for rounded corners and perspective.
>> It is more easy to explain on a web page than in text description
>> field. The description should be short, to the point and accurate. I'm
>> thinking of a system of linking action lists with these tutorials.
>
> I agree, in order for the web tutorial to useful. It should be accessible
> from the actionlist. Many users my attempt to use those actionlists without
> any previous experience. And may find them difficult to understand. It won't
> probably occur to them that a web tutorial exists.
>
> One more thing, it will be nice to have some sort of tooltip description of
> action fields.
Unfortunately tooltips are not possible with a tree widget in wxpython.

> For example in the 'Fit' action there is a field called
> 'bleed'. I didn't understand what it does, even when I played with it a
> little. I had to look at the PIL documentation to understand.
Why you didn't look to the Phatch documentation?
http://photobatch.wikidot.com/action-fit

Maybe we can add an url to each action of the manual. In the user
interface this could be translated to an entry to the right context
menu or a clickable link e.g. in the add actions dialog box.

Stani